« Home | Stop what you are doing, go out and buy these albu... » | Mumbai or Bust... » | Birthday wishes » | Welcome to the 19th Century! » | Diamond Dave Lives! » | My Happy Holidays » | Now Spit!!!! » | My confidence in the American public is somewhat r... » | The Written Word » | Dorks of the world...UNITE »

My New Hog

Well I've done it... I've officially become as cool as any one human being can possibly be. I now own a motorcycle. Team that with being a drummer in a rock band, a comedic genius (some say visionary), and having a hot girlfriend and I don't see how my, or any other human's coolness level could possibly get any higher. This is quite the departure from the scooter I just sold yesterday. There was something very gorilla-on-a-bicycle about seeing my reflection in the windows of buildings as I passed by at a tentative 35 mph.

But I sold the scooter yesterday to a nice girl on Capital Hill. Her offer of "$1,500 and some free burlesque shows" was too good to pass up. So this morning I took my newly acquired wad of cash and even more newly acquired motorcycle endorsement to the good people at Lynnwood Cycle Barn. The bike I wanted to look at was listed on the website but not even on the floor yet. I took it for a test ride and was hooked.

It's a 1998 Honda Shadow Aero 1100. Only had about 6,000 miles on it and was in excellent shape. A couple of small dents in the front fender, but nothing too traumatizing. It's pretty fuckin' tough looking though, and it sounds pretty burly too.

So, I bought the bike (talked them down about $2,000 on the price) and decided to ride it home. About 10 miles into my 20 mile ride home the back tire starts to feel a little squirrely. I remembered how the previous weekend my motorcycle safety class instructor had said how rare it was for a motorcycle to get a flat (or did he say blow out) so I didn't think much of it. Finally when I was within a mile of home I looked back and saw that my rear tire was almost all the way flat. Turns out I picked up a nail somewhere along the way, so that sucks.

So instead of cruising around on my new ride I'm sitting at home. I'll have to figure out a way to get the tire fixed tomorrow. Turns out the only motorcycle shop around that is open tomorrow is the one I bought it from, so I'm going to need to get it over there somehow. Flat tires are distinctly UN-cool but it's going to need to do better than that if there's any hope of me being even remotely close to regular coolness ever again.

Sweet hog dude. If you can figure out some way of getting some loving on that thing without falling off, that's the only way I can imagine you getting any more cool. At least with the genetic limitations at hand. Just hurry up and get that flat fixed so you can do just what you feel while riding your horse made of steel.

Nice bike son! Now you look like a gorilla on a motorcycle.
Comic genuis? You know where you get that from don't you? Oh and your coolness also.

Excellent upgrade! My dad, mom, cousin, and brother all have that bike in varying years of make and color. It's a sweet ride.

Congrats!

How very timely! I'm getting my scooter this weekend!

Did you call me the other day? I think you were under the "missed" calls but there was no message. Anyway, I owe you a call anyway, so I'll just call. You know...later.

I don't even have a bicycle...sad. Cool bike! Josh has one and LOVES it, possibly more than me.

I was hoping to zing you with the "now you look like a gorilla on a motorcycle", but someone has beat me to it. Kudos, Shane.

You must be out riding a lot. You haven't posted anything in over a month.

Post a Comment