« Home | My confidence in the American public is somewhat r... » | The Written Word » | Dorks of the world...UNITE » | Songs at My Funeral - a chain letter dies » | Shitty week comes to an end » | Vodka tonic anyone? » | Working from home - a brief list. » | I love the night life, I gots to boogy » | Goodnight Sweet Prince » | EVOLUTION IS FACT »

Now Spit!!!!


So today was dentist visit 3 or 4 in the last month and a half, and that sucks. I hadn't been in maybe 6 or 7 years, so there was a lot of catching up we had to do. But the main reason I had to go was that I broke off a chunk of tooth about a year and a half ago (pictured here with a dime for scale.) I hadn't seen anyone about it until it started hurting like a son-of-a-bitch and I could no longer enjoy the ice cream and salt water taffy which I love so dearly.

In the end, it was decided that I needed a root canal, which I had about two weeks ago. In case you hadn't heard, root canals rank somewhere between soccer ball to the groin and a 10 hour flight from L.A. to New York, sandwiched between a fat, sweaty man in lycra bicycle shorts and a pentecostal christian... upside down the entire way. And the in flight movie is "What's the Worst That Could Happen."

So that was taken care of and I thought I was done visiting the dentist for at least a few months (I had a last round of cleaning needed after the first of the year.) But then I get a call the other day, "Hi, Devon? This is Dr. Marr's office. Ya, so we fucked up that root canal and we need you to come back in so it can be fixed. Don't worry, we won't charge you for it, other than the hour of your life that will be forever lost. How's this Saturday? We'll call the the fat man and the pentecostal."



And to top this all off... THEY DIDN"T EVEN GIVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANY DECENT NARCOTICS! ONLY CODEINE! Codeine?! I can't wash down 4 of those with a shot of Jack Daniels and hope to accomplish anything! I can't even sell them for all that much to the crack heads that swarm in front of our house!

I'm writing a letter to my congresswoman!

Those people are nuts. I just saw a news report on people all over the world that have joined "laughing clubs". Supposedly it's good for your health to laugh. What a bunch of freaks.

Codeine makes me vomit for days. DAYS. So be happy you even got that. If you like, I'll hop on the train for 3 hours just to drop you off some of my cough syrup with Vicadin. THAT'S how much I care. Or maybe I just want out of work, I can't decide.

Codeine also makes me sick - I had it after my c-section before they gave me the vicodine, morphine and oxicodine(sp?).
However after your dentist experience has been shared with all of us - I am scared.... I haven't been to the dentist in a couple years.... now I must make an appointment!!! Thanks for scaring me into responsability!

When I was 18 and they had me update my chart at the dentist office I noticed that they had a box on the form for "Other Things Your Dentist Should Know". I felt obligated to tell the truth, so I filled in the box with, "I hate dentists." My chart stands unchanged to this day.

What do they expect when I cry every damn time I go in there; even for cleanings. Dentists don't know how to make anything painless. The very least they can do is have the common sense to prescribe the appropriate painkillers.

They truely are horrible people.

And as for the laughing folk... If their life is so boring and full of dull people, maybe they do need to join a "lauging club". But from where I'm standing it looks like a meeting for the out-patients of an insane assylum.

Post a Comment